Murter is fish village on the northwest part of island. The town is extended from the original centre of town Veliko Selo, which is situated about 500m from the coast, from the bay Hramina. Residents are usually owners of the land at Kornati islands.
The residency of the office of national park Kornati is located at Murter as well. The first information about Murter is from year 1715. The church of St. Mihovil was rebuilt at year 1770. Church of St. Rok was built in year 1760 and is located on the top of the hill.
The bay of Hamina is still full of tourist and fisher’s boats. It is difficult to find here the empty space even at winter time.